Challenges in the UK
At 5,895m (19,341ft), Mount Kilimanjaro is the fourth highest of the world’s Seven Summits, and the highest free-standing mountain in the world. On 20 January 2017, push yourself to the limit by climbing to the roof of Africa in a challenge that will impact your life and the lives of those living in poverty.
You'll experience Compassion’s programmes in Tanzania and meet the children and young adults whose lives have been changed by sponsorship.
Dates: Friday 20 – Saturday 28 January 2017
YOUR FUNDRAISING TARGET
A minimum of 2 children sponsored (or £2,000 in funds or a combination of both).
Knowing the incredible impact one-to-one sponsorship has on children in poverty, we ask that you aim to find sponsors for 2 children.
For every new sponsored child, your fundraising target will be reduced by £1,000. That way, if you find sponsors for 2 children you’ve achieved your goal.
All the donations raised will enable 40 expectant mother and babies, 12,200 children and young people and 2,460 adults to take part in a HIV education and testing campaign. Find out more >
What's included in the cost of the trip?
- Flights from UK to Kilimanjaro Airport, Tanzania
- Accommodation in a high quality hotel when not climbing
- High quality mountain tents for overnight camping on Kilimanjaro
- Expedition costs and National Park entrance fees
- Travel arrangements in country
- Experienced mountain guides
- Local porters to carry all possessions which aren’t in your daypack
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Mandatory insurance
- Additional expenses of a personal nature
- Footwear, clothing and equipment (this is available to hire on request)
We advise you take your training seriously due to the distances and the increased altitude involved.
Express your interest